Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sometimes you just have to indulge and NOT feel guilty!

Well I did just what the title says...these past few days!  I indulged!  Yep, I sure did and I don't feel bad about it.  Don't get me wrong, I am not all woo-hoo, pat myself on the back for my shitty eating.  BUT....I have yet to obsess over it.  I feel OK!  That wouldn't have been the case a year ago.  Last year, I would have obsessed and obsessed over every ounce of that bad food, entering my mouth.  I mean here is how Saturday night went, as far as my eating (BTW- we were over at some friends for this fat fest)!  I ate not one, not two, but THREE pieces of beer bread smeared with jalapeno cream cheese.  AND...not the light shit, the real deal!  And this was AFTER I ate an entire entrée of Thai basil chicken and 2 crab Rangoon.  I also snacked on some chips and salsa, cheese and crackers AND about four blueberry pineapple margaritas.  Can you say, OINK! On Sunday, I went right back to healthy eating and didn't feel one ounce of guilt.  Then came an evening out with my girls and Carrie Underwood!  Instead of asking Jesus to take the wheel, I drove!  Which means I once again, indulged!  I don't do this often, but due to scheduling, I did it twice in 3 days...lol  Last night at dinner, I had a veggie burger with American cheese and jalapenos.  I scraped out the innards of the bun, to cut down on unwanted calories and carbs.  Not sure why because I paired this burger with sweet potato fries!  Oh and I dipped them in ranch dressing.  Once again, not the light stuff, the real full fat version.  I also had 2 bud lights.  THEN....we went to the concert and I proceeded to have 2 more beers.  Hey....don't judge, when in Rome.... 

I woke up this morning and I feel great.  Once again, no guilt!  WHY???? Because I have my healthy lifestyle in check!  I was good for both breakfast and lunch on my pig out days.  I worked out as well.  I guess the biggest thing I noticed is this, I never once obsessed over what I was eating/drinking.  I wasn't sitting there thinking, "OMG I am going to gain 5 pounds because of this".  Because quite frankly, that wouldn't happen anyway!  It is NOT like I ate an extra 3500 calories x 5! I wish I would have had this mindset years ago!  Because had I thought like this, I would have been much thinner, I am sure of it.  Because when you allow yourself a day or two of "unhealthy" eating, you tend not to overindulge.  You aren't feeling deprived.  I make it a rule....I have at least one "eat what I want" day a week.  Usually this falls on a Friday.  It's a nice way to end the week!  If you are buddies with me on myfitnesspal, you will see that this is the day I don't log all my meals.  I don't need or want to know, all that I am consuming. I just don't care!!  This is also another reason I refuse to have a scale in our house.  I mean had I climbed on that thing this morning, I might have cried.  And heck, it would most likely have been from water retention.  I mean my sodium intake these past few days, has been a bit much...lol  I just don't need that negative thinking in my life anymore. 

Not to long ago I saw a pic on FB and on skinnymeg31's IG account.  It was a group of women, all different shapes and sizes, that weighed 150 pounds.  Ok so this is about what I weigh, I think.  I didn't look a thing like any of them, nor was I a size that any of them were.  I am a size 4/6 or 27-28.  None of these women were.  SO...it goes to show you, that # on the scale really doesn't mean jack shit! It is simply a #, that most likely fluctuates at least 5 times in one day.  And another thing I have stopped obsessing about or even considering, is BMI.  That is just a crock of shit.  I am 5'9 and weigh 150 pounds and it says my BMI is 22.1.  Ummm... that is only 3% away from being considered overweight.  WHATEVER!!  I am lean and fit, and that is all that matters to me!

We all need to remember one thing, when it comes to our weight and what works.  WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!  What works for me, may not work for anyone else.  When people hear 150 pounds, I am sure most go, "dang that is a lot of weight".  But really it's not.  Or you might see someone that weighs 110 and go, "dang she needs to eat".  NOT TRUE!  This person could be super fit and healthy.  We all need to stop with the stereotypes.  Me being one of them.  I have gotten much better.  But there are times, that I will in fact compare myself to others.  Gotta stop!

Sorry this was kind of all over....lol  It must be from all that beer I consumed!  I cannot tell you that last time I had more than 2 beers in one day!  So having six in 5 hours, is a lot for me! Hope you are all having a fabulous day!  If you ever get a chance to see Carrie Underwood, do it!  I am not a country fan really, but she was amazing.  You leave her concert happy!  Oh and she gives $1 from every ticket sold, to the Red Cross.  So not only are you having a great time at her concert, you are helping out as well!

XO,
Lori

11 comments:

  1. Well said girl! I have cheat days to stay sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! Man, I love you girl!! You speak my language!! I just did a post last Tuesday about this same thing...And this, this is why I love you!!

    jennaraeeveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SAY WHAT I CANT. I LOVE YOU! Ugh you make so much sense to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! It's amazing how different 2 people can look at 150 or 180lbs. It's so hard to get over the number on the scale but once you get there, it's freeing! You always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no doubt that you earned what you indulged in! You deserve a spluge every once in a while!

    Will I ever get over the number on the scale?! I hate that it effects me so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl it took me 41 Loooooooooong years to let that # go! But once you do, you will seriously feel so much better. You will be confident with who you have become. If I would have let that # continue to "get to me", I never would have been able to fit in my size 27's. Because no way could someone that weighs 150 pounds be able to wear that!! See, that # is a myth! :)

      So starting today, I want you to say EFF YOU SCALE!!!!



      xoxo,

      Lori

      Delete
    2. I just LOVE, LOVE the way you think!!! I might just start that today... every time I walk by the scale!

      Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Exactly!!! I am currently finding my balance so I can have those meals I cheat a bit at. It's good for others to know you don't have to starve yourself to be skinny you just have to learn how to balance and make healthy choices most of the time. It looks like you had a great time at the concert. Thank you for being such an inspiration for all of us. Really, you're awesome! Love you hon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your blog! I have struggled so much with trying to lose the last little bit of weight. I finally cheated this week (first time in months) and this morning, I lost a little! How crazy, right?

    I have a link up this coming Monday called Motivation Monday. Would you please link up with me? I think you would inspire so many of my readers and I would just love to have you there!!!

    http://www.dailydoseofdelsignore.com/2013/05/motivation-monday.html#.UYulqrUskXs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lori, we are soul sisters!!! I'm so with you on not eating meat off a bone, disgusting I tell you!! Wish you were closer, we could so be wine friends =)

    ReplyDelete