I haven't linked up in a while, so I thought, "what the heck"!
1. My favorite Christmas was....I love them all because I am always surrounded by family, food and wine. That right there is a trifecta of Christmas love! But one that stands out is the time we all hung out in my little sister's basement, drinking WAY too much. The videos of that night remain in the "vault" ;-)
2. The worst Christmas I had...I can't really think of one that was the "worst". If I have to pick one, it would be last year, only because it was the first Christmas EVER, that I was not with my parents. The day was still a wonderful one with my older sis and the rest of the family, but something was definitely missing....
3. That one gift that made me scratch my head and say, "Hmmmm" was...every damn year, when I was growing up, my Grandma Mayme gave me granny panties. You know the ones, they are HUGE and only an 80 year old woman would wear. Oh and after I opened them, she would ask me if I had started my period yet. God love her!!
4. One year I....I woke up super early and ran out to the tree to see what Santa left me. Only to find a Charlie McCarthy dummy (for my sister) under there, that freaked me the hell out!! I ran back to my room and didn't move a muscle until I was told to. I seriously thought we had some little man under the tree that was real. I still get freaked out thinking about him just staring at me....
5. I think the worst gift to give is....a bad attitude. I cannot stand Scrooge like attitudes. Life is too short for that crap. Tell people Merry Christmas with a smile on your face and get that cob out of your ass!
6. At Christmastime I typically....spend WAY too much money. I start with a budget and then....the emails come re: sales and that budget goes out the window. I can't help it, I love to give presents!
7. Typically, family Christmas....is amazing! We wake up, open presents and then eat the most amazing cinnamon rolls known to man, that my mama makes. Then we all head home to "clean up" and go back for lunch and lots of wine. Lots and lots of laughing takes place and usually a game or two of Scene It and Rock Band.
8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season....I would make it only about being with the ones you love. Even though I love to give gifts, it has gotten out of control. I would much rather forgo the gifts and watch the waves crash in on some beach. Or...have breakfast with Mickey, at Disney World!
9. It is so hard to buy for....my kids. They NEED NOTHING!! And we have no room for more items that they don't need. This year we went with a bigger ticket item and a few small things. I can't handle having it look like Toys R Us puked in my living room, for another year. And don't get me started on what my basement looks like. More Toys R Us puke!
10. My favorite Christmas tradition is...Having breakfast with my whole family in our pj's listening to Christmas music and eating mom's cinnamon rolls.
11. Santa, baby, bring me a ....breast lift! Yep, you read that right! Those girls are living in the south and I am stuck here in the north. It's time they reconnect! :o)